Please prepare for our graduation and rank advancement at the 7pm, May 14 pack meeting by:
- Have your scout wear a full class “A” uniform, including slide & neck; hat and brag vest are optional but appropriate.
- Bring a dessert or snack to share, note some scouts have dairy, gluten and nut allergies, so fresh fruit always welcome.
- Donate a box of cereal to support the RPC May cereal drive to help disadvantaged families.
We will be starting a new program this year to reuse uniforms, neckerchiefs, slides and hats. This will be an optional program, but if your family decides to contribute an item to be used next year, we will award your scout a brag vest segment next fall. We’ll announce more details at the meeting.
This will be our final monthly pack meeting until we return from summer break in September. However, that doesn’t mean that the scouting fun has to end. Check out this previous post which detailed various scouting related activities that will take place over the next few months. Of course, Pack 24 is planning three special summer activities for our scouts, including –
- June 30: EPIC Hiking Adventure (location TBD)
- July 4: Independence Day Parade & Lemonade Stand in downtown Riverside
- August 25: Summer B-B-Q & welcome to new scouts in a National Grove Forest Preserve (off Des Plaines Avenue)
Have a great summer.