Registration for our pack outing to Camp Duncan on May 11 & 12 is now underway. Click here for the previous post with all the awesome details. If you are already ready to sign up, but having trouble with the registration? Please select your preference to sleep in either the cabin or your own tent. Once you make this selection you can register for specific numbers of adults and scouts. Siblings are welcome to attend, so Click here to register today.
Pack 24 is going to sponsor three official activities this summer. Details will follow, but mark your calendars for:
- June 30: The Bike Hike
- July 4th: Independence Day Parade & Lemonade Stand
- August (TBD): Summer Picnic / New Tiger recruitment
In addition to these Pack events. There are a number of other fun activities that are open for cub scouts across the area. These won’t be pack sponsored events, but you can register your family directly if they look good to you.
- Chicago Rush Arena Football – Scout Day, 3pm May 19, Allstate Arena in Des Plaines. Tickets are $18 or $9 and include patch, ticket, raffles. For more information download their flyer with registration details: Scout Day
- Schaumburg Boomers, minor league baseball: Scout Nights are May 18, June 21 and July 14th.
- Order online for Discounted tickets, patch, food voucher, plus run the bases after the game. www.boomersbaseball.com/DPVC – password 2013dpvc
- Camp out on the field after the 6/21 game – for $10 per person.
- Boy Scout memorabilia show & swap meet: May 24 (evening) and May 25 (8:30 to 3:30) at St. Christopher’s Church in Midlothian. No advance registration needed, general admission is $1.50 per person, but scouts in uniform are FREE. For more information call Albin Sporny 708-478-8040 or Jim Scherbarth: 708-747-1904.
- Cub Scout day camp: July 10-11, at Stevenson Park in Bellwood. $30 per scout. For more details download their information and registration form: Day Camp
- Chicago Cubs Boy Scout Night: 7:05pm August 13 at Wrigley. Ticket, patch and chance to run the bases after the game. Tickets range from $14 to $31. Download their form for additional details: Cubs Night