Attention all budding artists! We invite all creatively-minded scouts to design a logo that we can adopt as our official Pack 24 insignia. We will be ordering some new class “B” uniforms in the near future and the winning design will be prominently displayed. We may even incorporate the design into this website. So here are some specific guidelines for the contest:
- All pack 24 scouts are encouraged to participate in this contest. Each scout should work at his own pace with parental support as needed.
- There are no firm requirements as to what needs to be in the design, but submissions should be kid-appropriate and incorporate a scout theme.
- The design should fit on a standard 8.5 by 11 inch page, only one entry per scout.
- Designs can be created on the computer or using standard paper. However, any paper-based design should be scanned and sent in a standard electronic file format to our email address at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for entries is Tuesday, November 6. The pack leaders will review designs and select the top candidates for popular voting by scouts at our Pack Meeting in November. We will tabulate the votes and announce the winner at the end of the meeting.
We’ve included a few examples in this post, but don’t let these constrain your scout’s creativity.
And speaking of Pack Meetings… don’t forget our next meeting is Tuesday, October 9 at 7pm at the RPC social hall. We are planning on a fun obstacle course, recognition of advancement, introduction of our newest scouts, a special presentation and several announcements. Be sure have your scout bring his popcorn sales sheet. We will give a prize to the scout who has sold the most as of the date of the meeting.
Finally, so far about 20 families have registered for the scout cabin campout on October 13 & 14, we are planning many exciting activities, and more details are available in this previous announcement. All scouts that participate will receive this customized patch. Click here to register before the deadline of October 9. You can bring your payment to the Pack Meeting that evening, all checks should be payable to pack 24.