Saturday, October 18 is a busy day! The morning of our campout at the Scout Cabin, Pack 24 will be one of the many community groups helping to package nutritious meals for those in need at the North Riverside Village Commons (2401 South Des Plaines Ave). This year we expect to pack in excess of 70,000 meals that will be donated to local food pantries and there are still some sign up spots left to fill.
Pack 24 scouts can work at one of two shifts, and the event organizers have asked us to sign up as a group so they can reserve an area so we can work together. We will be using the signup genius (click here) to sign up our cub scouts, and then turn in our list of volunteers to the organizers.
- Available shifts are 9:00 – 10:30 am or 1:00 – 2:30pm – FYI, The camp out will not officially begin until after the second shift
- If you are unable to attend, but would like to donate refreshments please contact Jeanine Buttimer directly to coordinate (708-220-1589 or email@example.com).
- As a further incentive, if your scout volunteers for this event, the $5 charge to attend the camp out later in the day will be waived.
- All scouts receive a badge for their efforts.
- School-aged siblings are welcome to participate in this project with the scouts.
If you have any questions, please contact Tim Lauger (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Cindy Reynolds (email@example.com). Thanks!
Also… don’t forget to register for the scout cabin camp out later that day, click here to do so TODAY.