Registration has begun for the fall campout at the scout cabin. We are using the signup genius for the registration process so click here to let us know if your family is coming. We are asking each parent to help make this the best camp out ever by signing up to help with just one shift as detailed on the signup sheet. We need to conclude the signup on the Thursday, October 16th so we can have an accurate count for our dinner delivery and morning breakfast provisions – so don’t delay – register today!
This is a great outing for new scout families since you can participate in the entire program but still head home at the end of the day to sleep in your own bed if you’d like to. We don’t sleep inside the cabin, but rather each family will pitch its own tent in the immediate area. If your family doesn’t own a tent, rentals are available at retailers such as REI, or we can see if we can find a spare one from someone else in the pack to lend you for the day.
We have a great day of activities planned beginning at 3pm including:
- A forestry demonstration, featuring some very large chainsaws.
- Fire safety instruction from Pack leader and Eagle Scout Rich Hosek
- A zip line adventure
- Epic treasure hunt of the surrounding area
- Dinner (pizza or something similar)
- A campfire with songs, skits & s’mores which will be lead by the Troop 24 Boy Scouts
- Retirement of a US Flag
- Late night movie & popcorn – or bed time at your discretion
- Continental breakfast on Sunday
- Morning ature hike
- Clean up and depart by 11am.
If your scout is volunteering at the Feed My Community day earlier on the 18th there is no charge for him to attend this event. Otherwise, all of this fun only $5 per person. Scout family members are welcome to attend this event and participate in the activities. You can also use Kamp Bux from previous years to offset the cost of this event.
Our popcorn campaign concludes on the 18th as well. Your scout’s take order sheet and payment are due on this date, and can be turned in to a leader or Kernel at the event.
See you there!