Our popcorn kernels Vince Pecis and Matt Dominick have planned a fun popcorn campaign for our scout. We’ll discuss the prizes and other incentives for the Pack 24 scouts at our first pack meeting which will be Tuesday, September 9 at 7pm at the RPC Social Hall. By the way, we’ll have a few games and patches available for scouts at the Pack Meeting so be sure to come for the fun.
Here are key points for this year’s popcorn fund-raiser:
- This is the pack’s largest fund-raiser, and represents about 70% of our annual budget. With funds from popcorn, we are able to provide handbooks, neckerchiefs, slides and awards for our scouts without any additional charges. The pack also heavily subsidizes many of our outings with the funds from popcorn.
- We will be organizing three weekends of site sales for popcorn at area retailers. The first sale will be Sunday, September 14th from 10am to 3pm at the Walgreens at the corner of Ogden and First Avenue. Online signup will be sent separately, or is accessible here. Similar signups on September 20 & 21 and 27 & 28 also from 10am to 3pm with details to be announced soon, so until then, please save the date.
- As in past years, we will credit scouts for sales activity at these site sales.
- Pack 24 orders will be due by October 18, which is also the date of the pack camp out at the Riverside Scout Cabin.
- Popcorn for individual sales (also called take orders) will be distributed on November 15.
- We will have a pizza party for scouts that sell more than $300 of popcorn on November 24.
- 10% of individual sales will be credited to a scout’s Kamp Bux account which can be used to reduce the cost of pack outings.
- There are many more fun prizes and incentives available from the Des Plaines Valley Council and the popcorn vendor, Trail’s End.
- Click here (Popcorn Online Orders) to download a helpful “how to” to use the online tools to reach family and friends that are not in the immediate area.