Due to the ongoing rain this week, we are moving the bike or hike from Paulaski Woods to a ride starting in Riverside. We will explore the south section of the Salt Creek Trail. We will meet at the Swinging Bridge in Riverside (next to the police station) and bike the south section of the Salt Creek Trail.
1 Mile – Paved trail from Swinging Bridge through Riverside Lawn to Cermak Family Aquatic Center. <Caution – Trail Crosses Ogden Avenue>
1.5 Mile – Paved trail following the DesPlanes River. Follow the signs and the yellow line to Chicago Portage National Historic Site. <Caution – Trail crosses Joliet Ave and 47th Street>.
1 Mile Loop – Crushed limestone loop trail along a wooded bog. <Caution 1 muddy section – don’t get STUCK!) Do the loop more than once if you can!
1.5 Mile return to Cermak Family Aquatic Center for lunch
- 10:00-10:15am Meet up at the Swinging Bridge in Riverside / Next to the police station. Bike and Helmet Check. Safety discussion. Place Jimmy John sandwich order
- 10:15 – 11:30 Bike the south Section of the Salt Creek Trail. (Depart at 10:15 sharp)
- 11:30 – 12:00 Lunch at Cermak Woods site. Big open field to play and a quarry pond to fish as well.
- 12:00 Cermak Family Aquatic Center or Return to Riverside
- Cermak Family Aquatic Center: Bring a swimsuit, towel and bike lock. Enjoy the water slides, water shooters or float in the lazy river. (Cost $2 child, $3 Adult)