Registration for the private Pack 24 overnight at LEGOLand will start during the early morning hours on Saturday, October 12 (clarification from previous). Space is limited to a total of 65 participants so be sure to register your scout as soon as you can.
Please also review the attached parental release form. This document is required for each family attending, even though parents must accompany their cub scouts. Overnight Parent Release Form 2013
The cost is $45 per person for both scouts and parents, this reflects a $10 per person subsidy from the Pack. We request that you utilize PayPal to cover the registration fee for this event. It streamlines the administration for everyone involved. However, we have an option for you to use Kamp Bux or a check if needed. There are only a few scouts that have any remaining Kamp Bux at this point, but feel free to email us if you have a question about your Kamp Bux credit remaining from last year’s popcorn sales. The new Kamp Bux for the 2013 campaign credits will not be determined until after registration for this event is closed.
The following is a comprehensive list of FAQ. If you have questions not covered here, email us at email@example.com.
Arrival, Check-In and Departure
- What time does the event start? Check-in for the overnight begins at 7:00 p.m. Due to capacity restrictions, guests that arrive early will not be able to wait inside the Center.
- Can I arrive late? Check-in is from 7:00–7:15 p.m. If you know if advance if you will be arriving after 7:15 p.m., please call the group sales department at (847) 592 – 9708 to make arrangements.
- Is parking available for the event? For the overnight events, there are two free parking options available: The main parking lot directly in front of the Center or the free parking garage toward the south end of the Streets of Woodfield, across from the movie theater. Saturday nights tend to be busy at the Streets of Woodfield and close parking to the entrance may become hard to find, we request you drop guests off at the front entrance. We notify mall security that cars will be parked in the lot overnight.
- Where do we enter and check-in for the event? Guests can drive into the crescent circle where there is 15 minute parking available. Here, they can unload any sleeping gear and enter through the main entrance. Check-in occurs at the Admission Desk. Please have your Parent Release Form completed for each child in the group.
- Can we leave before 8:30 a.m.? Guests are welcome to depart any time they need. All doors are locked and security systems are alarmed. Any guest who leaves will not be able to re-enter the building unless they have permission from the event staff. Please inform event staff if you or a guest needs to leave the event and return at a later time.
Food and Beverages
- What food is served for dinner and breakfast? Dinner consists of pizza and salad. Your choices of fountain beverages are included. Breakfast is continental-style and may include bagels, muffins, pastries and fresh fruit. Coffee, milk and juice are also served with breakfast. *Items are subject to change and availability.
- What can you do to accommodate a food allergy? We try our best to accommodate food allergies, but are not always able to do so. If you have concerns about any allergy during the event, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of food allergies. We will do our best to accommodate your needs, but will contact you if there are any issues.
- Will bottled water be provided? Beverages included in the program price are provided at dinner and breakfast. Water fountains are available in the Center for your use at any time. Bottled beverage products are available from the on-site Cafe at your own cost. We encourage you to bring your own reusable water bottle to refill as an alternative to purchasing bottled water. Other outside food or drink are not allowed during the event.
- Is alcohol allowed at this event? Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited with no exceptions! If anyone in your group is caught with alcohol the entire group will be escorted off the premises.
- Will we get to see all the exhibits? All of the exhibits, including the 4D Theater, Factory Tour, Model Builder Workshop, and rides will be open for specific amounts of time during the event. Some exhibits do close for safety during the event. All rides are shut down and blocked off during sleeping hours. These times are marked on the agenda.
- What will we be doing at the overnight? Guests are free to explore any of the open exhibit spaces throughout the event. We also have scheduled events to enjoy throughout the evening. Here is a sample agenda for an overnight event:
- 7:00-7:15 p.m. Check-in
- 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. Event orientation, photo, explore Miniland Chicago, Jungle Expedition and Star Wars Miniland, ride Kingdom Quest
- 8-8:30 p.m. Pizza Party
- 8:30 – 10:30 p.m. Model Builder Workshop, Factory Tour, Build & Test, Softy Play
- 10:30 p.m. Watch the 4D movies
- 11:00 -11:30 p.m. Bed time prep
- 12:00 a.m. Lights out!
- 7:00 a.m. Wake up, pack up and eat Breakfast
- 8:00 a.m. Participate in one last building event
- 8:15 a.m. Gather belongings and head towards exit for good byes
- 8:30 a.m. Depart and Retail Shop opens
- What movie is shown? What is 4D? Currently we are showing 2 films; LEGO Legends of Chima 4D experience and Clutch Powers 4D Adventure. Each movie is 13 minutes long. The films are in 3D but offer 4D effects (wind, rain, snow, and lights).
- Will my scout earn any badges at this event? Because the overnight events are open to all kinds of groups, the activities are not designed for scouts to earn badges.
- Where do we sleep? Guests will sleep in the first floor attractions, MINIALND Chicago and Jungle Expedition but may extend to other areas of the first floor. Sleeping is prohibited in the Retail Shop or in the Kingdom Quest ride. In order to ensure there is enough space for each group, we assign sleeping spaces based on the number of guests. We try our best to keep the groups separated by sex, but understand that this is not always possible. For example, if we can, we will assign all Cub Scout packs in one area and all Girl Scout troops in another area. Center staff will inspect sleeping bag arrangement and might ask you to adjust your gear in order to maintain state-required emergency exit corridors.
- Are electrical outlets accessible in the sleeping areas? Electrical outlets are limited in the sleeping areas. Please ask a staff member for assistance.
- Can I bring my air mattress or tent? Air mattresses and tents are strictly forbidden during your overnight adventure due to fire safety hazards. Some good alternatives to air mattresses include inflatable pool mats, camping pads or yoga mats.
- Is it very dark after lights out? We do our best to turn off all unnecessary lights after lights-out. For safety, some lights will remain on for the duration of the night. If you require complete darkness to sleep comfortably, consider bringing an eye mask.
- Does the Center get cold at night? Because we are a large 2-story attraction, temperatures vary from one sleeping area to another. Dressing in layers will help ensure a comfortable sleeping temperature for you and your group.
- Can we use flashlights? For Center safety reasons, flashlights may only be used by staff.
- Can I buy overnight t-shirts or other items at the event? A Commemorative t-shirt, take-home model and photo are included in the admission price. However, if you would like to purchase an additional item during the event you may. See a staff member at any time for inquires. T-shirts are $15.00plus tax. Take-home models are $5.00 plus tax. Brick Wall Photos are $35.00, Key Chains are $5.00, Magnets are $5.00. (The Pack will be buying patches for all scouts).
Safety and Security
- What are the supervision requirements for children? Can I leave my child unattended during the event? Children may not be left unattended during the event. Parents must accompany scouts on this event,
- What precautions are taken to ensure our safety? We view your safety as one of our top priorities. We have the Streets of Woodfield Public Safety Department available until 3:00 a.m. Event staff will also stay overnight. We will be available to assist you at any hour. The overnight staff is trained in first-aid and CPR. The building is also equipped with fire alarms and extinguishers. We have evacuation plans in place should it become necessary to leave the Center for any reason. If you need help at any time during the event, please contact the nearest staff member and we will assist you.
- How many Center staffers will be present during the event? We utilize staff members stationed throughout the Center to help you enjoy your time during the event or address any issues that arise. We adjust our staffing levels as necessary, depending on size of the group.
- Where can I smoke cigarettes? In keeping with LEGOLAND Discovery Center’s intent to provide a safe and healthy environment and in compliance with the Chicago Clean Indoor Air Ordinance of 2005, smoking in the building and within 15 feet of all public entrances is prohibited. Once all guests are inside the Center, the main entrance is securely locked until morning.
- Where will our gear be stored during the evening activities? When you arrive, a staff member will greet you and lead you to your sleeping space. Your group will drop off gear in your sleeping space and then proceed to the first hour activities. You will be able to set up your sleeping gear starting at 11:00 p.m.
- Can we stay at the Center for the rest of the day on Sunday? Unfortunately, all guests must exit the attraction Sunday morning to allow for clean-up and the opening of a new day.