- Location: Camp Duncan is located in Ingleside, IL which is close to Fox Lake and the Wisconsin border. Google Maps indicates it is about a one-hour drive from the Riverside area.
- Facility: Located on Fish Lake with 300 acres of woodlands, open fields, rolling hills and nature trails. It has modern bath/shower facilities, optional group cabins for those not inclined to sleep in a tent.
- Activities: Pack 24 will arrive in the morning for a full day of activities including the following:
- Archery: Camp leaders will demostrate safety techniques and provide scouts with basic instruction on archery. Scouts will have a chance for target practice.
- Boating: The camp has a variety of canoes and paddle boats so families can explore Fish Lake.
- Climbing Tower: Scouts will learn about safety equipment and the procedures needed in order to do a safe climb on our 45-foot tower. Students will set personal goals for their climb and they will offer support for their classmates.
- Outdoors Skills: This class will prepare scouts for outdoor recreation and will discuss survival living outdoors. Students will gain experience in building fires. The different types of fire lays and how each are used will also be discussed.
- Campfire: Camp counselors will lead us in songs and some campfire activities. Pack 24 leaders will bring along all the fixings for delicious s’mores.
- Night Hike: We’ll hike along camp trails after dark to look for nocturnal animals in action and learn about native plants.
- Meals: We’ll meet in the camp dining hall for hot meals for lunch and dinner. Since many folks prefer to leave camp early, we’ll have some fruit and breakfast bars available so nobody is hungry on the way home.
- Sleeping: The camp offers group cabins with bunk beds and also a camp site for families that prefer to sleep in tents. Regardless of which option is best for you, we’ll all be in the same general area, and close to rest room facilities.
In order to make this event as accesible to as many scouts as possible, we will be providing a subsidy of $25 per scout / sibling and $15 per adult. Camp Duncan charges a higher program fee for families that choose to sleep in cabins. So the cost will be as follows:
- Group Cabin Rate: Scouts & school aged siblings are $38 each, adults are $48 each.
- Tent Camping Rate: Scouts & school-aged siblings are $14 each, adults are $24 each.
- The fee includes all activities, full meals for lunch and dinner and light breakfast overnight, and a commemorative patch for scouts.
The camp has a pretty good website that you may want to check out. Email us a firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions not addressed in this post or on their website. Camp Duncan requires all campers to complete the following waiver, so review it (Facility Agreement) before you register.
Registration will close on Friday, April 26th with payment due in full by that date. Click here to register today.