The Scout Cabin camp out is my favorite camp out of the year. It’s a great introduction to camping for new scouts. It’s easy, low-key and close to home. We don’t schedule a lot of activities, but there is always something to do. In past years, the Cubmaster has guaranteed beautiful weather, and I’m going to do the same this year.
This year, the pack committee has worked hard on an October/Halloween theme and things are coming together just great. Here are just some of the things we’re planning:
- Pumpkin carving (everything will be provided)
- We’re going to roast the pumpkin seeds for a snack
- A hay ride through the First Division
- Lots of free time
- We’ll have hot dogs for lunch, pizza for dinner and something light for breakfast on Sunday
- Orienteering around the Scout Cabin
- Campfire with age appropriate ghost stories and s’mores
- A special showing of It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
I hear that our resident astronomer and former Cubmaster William Suriano will be joining us for some star gazing after dark as well!
So there you have it. Twenty four hours of fun, 3 meals, unbelievable memories and guaranteed good weather, all for the traditional low price of just $5 per camper. You can’t beat that.
Location: Scout Cabin, Fairbank Road in Riverside
Date: Saturday October 23 through Sunday October 24
Time: set up as early as 10AM on Saturday, pack up by 10:00AM on Sunday
You can come late if you need to, or even leave in the middle and come back. However, your scout needs to be supervised by you at all times. Please don’t leave your scout at the Scout Cabin unattended.
Sign up online right now. You can also pay online if you like.