WHO: All scouts and their families are welcome!
WHAT: A summer bike ride on Salt Creek Trail, with a quick safety talk before we go!
WHEN: Saturday, June 11, 3:00 to 4:30 p.m.
WHERE: The event begins at Riverside’s Ames Elementary School parking lot, 86 Southcote Road.
THE ROUTE: From Ames, we will ride together to 26th Street and to the Salt Creek Greenway Connector. Once on Salt Creek, we will ride to Brezina Woods Grove 1, which is just east of LaGrange Road. Then, we’ll turn around and ride back to Ames. The total trip distance is just under 7 miles.
- All riders must wear a helmet for the duration of the ride.
- Since we will be riding on streets and crossing intersections, we require one parent to attend with every scout
- Please be sure to check breaks and pump your tires before we start riding. We will have bike pumps at Ames for riders who need them but we recommend bikes are ‘ride ready’ before arriving
- Riders should wear closed-toed gym shoes if possible, please avoid clog styles like Crocs and sandals
WHAT TO PACK:
- Every rider should bring water and a snack to the ride
- We recommend each Den appoints one parent to carry a small first aid kit for scrapes and scratches
Please RSVP and let us know if you are coming to firstname.lastname@example.org.