Our annual pinewood derby will be on Saturday January 30. We’ll have a lot more detailed information for you in the coming weeks, but as scouts start to design cars here are a few things to keep in mind.
As summarized in the 2016 Pinewood Derby Survival Guide we distributed at the pack meeting, here are the five categories that will be eligible for a design prize for each den:
- Most Creative
As your scouts works on his car, please review the pack 24 derby rules can be found here
- Pack 24 Rules: Pinewood Derby Rules for Pack 24
As announced at the pack meeting, we will be having our very first parent’s derby on January 29, the night before the scout pinewood. This event is meant to be a fun event and provide a opportunity for the parents and child work together on the cars. The parent cars are meant to abide by the same rules as the scouts. There will be 2 winners – Most Creative and First Place racing.
Key points are as follows:
- Cost is $20
- Racing starts @ 7pm, check in begins @6pm. Event lasts until racing is completed, but should be less than one hour.
- Pit crew area will be available for final adjustments.
- After the race is complete the parent cars will remain in the gym to placed on display for ALL to see on Pinewood Derby day. This way if scouts do not attend on Friday night they can see the cars and the 2 winners from Friday.
- After Race Event – adults are welcome to come for a after race party to brag on their hard work and dedication…..Location is TBD. Special prize for the winner.
Click here to register. This event is open to all parents, grand-parents, uncles, older brothers, etc. Registration closes before Christmas, so we can distribute cars to everyone that is interested.