Our next pack meeting is this Tuesday, December 9 at 7pm in the RPC Social Hall. Here’s what we have planned.
- Pinewood Derby
- Pinewood Derby is net month, January 24 to be exact, but cars will be distributed at this meeting so everyone has ample time to craft their masterpiece.
- To give new scouts design ideas for cars, please encourage your scout to bring a pinewood car from a past derby. We’ll put all the cars on display at the beginning of the meeting.
- We’ll cover the rules (available here: Pinewood Derby Rules for Pack 24) and we’ll break out for a parent workshop to answer any car crafting questions.
- We’ll continue with awards for the best designs by age category, the categories are the same as last year and include:
- Most Creative
- Prizes are here and will be distributed to scouts by their den leaders at the meeting.
- We’ll also recognize the sellers that sold over $600 each
- At the end of the meeting, the very top sellers will be able to do a pie-in-the-face to the pack leader of their choice.
- We have a few other items to cover such as scout awards and potential outing to Blue Man Group in February, see you on Tuesday.
TL, DR: Bring an old pinewood derby car to show off to the new scouts!