Please join Pack 24 for our trip to the first-ever Airfest Camporee.
Before we try to get into the details of what Airfest is, you may ask “what is a Camporee?” That’s a great question since we haven’t participated in any for at least the past five years. In short, a camporee is a mass camping trip for dozens of boy scout and cub scout units. This activity is being sponsored by the Rainbow Council based in Morris, IL which expects to have up to 4000 scouts, parents & leaders participate.
- A collection of aircraft which scouts will be able to check out up close, and in in the case of a Boeing 737, walk through and receive a tour of the cockpit.
- Activities such as “Tug-o-plane,” riveting sheet metal and radio-controlled airplanes.
- Dozens of displays directly related to aviation such as flight simulators or related STEM disciplines (aka Science, Technology, Engineering, Math).
- Aeronautics exhibits (aka dare-devil tricks) and other displays of flying skill.
- Pack 24 has arranged for one our scouts to have the opportunity to go on an exploration flight on one of the planes at the exhibit.
Although the Airfest is scheduled to last from Friday, August 8 to Sunday, August 10; Pack 24 will officially participate on Friday night and all day Saturday. The pack leaders coordinating this event expect that the activities will be over by Saturday night, and that most families will wish to return home after a long day. However anyone that wishes to stay over on Sunday is free to do so. Pack 24’s preliminary schedule is as follows:
- Friday Evening: Arrive & set up camp, cracker barrel dinner is served
- Saturday Morning: Breakfast served before morning events begin
- Saturday Lunch: The pack will provide lunch during a break in the action early Saturday afternoon.
- Saturday Evening: Pack 24 involvement officially ends, families are welcome to camp overnight on Saturday on their own.
The cost for all of this fabulous fun is $35 per person, which is what Pack 24 is being charged by the event. The pack is subsidizing the cost of all meals, beverages and related sundries. At this time, we have limited availability, so siblings are not permitted to attend. We may be able to open it to siblings later this month. Registration will end on June 6, so click here today to register.
Email email@example.com with any questions.