The weather forecast for Independence Day is very promising with a high of 83 degrees and low chance of rain, so we should have a lot of fun.
- Uniform – Class “A” is mandatory, including neckerchief and slide, and hat if you have one. Shorts / sandals are OK.
- Arrive by 8:30am since the parade begins at 8:45am. We are the third group to march, so look for leaders Schlesser and Jerz north of the big ball park near the corners of Longcommon and Delaplaine.
- Parents are welcome to march with the pack. If you’re not marching with us, then pick up your scout after the parade at the Pack 24 lemonade stand in Guthrie Park (more on that below).
- Feel free to give your scout a bag of candy (or two, or three) to hand out to kids along the parade route. The pack isn’t going to supply any extra candy for scouts.
- Squeezing lemons can be a lot of sticky fun, so feel free to switch your scout into a class “B” uniform (blue pack 24 t-shirt) if he marched in the parade.
- We are a bit short on volunteers to help with the cleanup. If you’re able to help take our supplies back to RPC after the party in Guthrie winds-down, please let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you’re bringing a cooler to store ice, please bring it down to the stand before the parade starts. We will begin setting up the stand at 8:30am.
- Tell all your friends to visit us at booth location #13!
See you there!