What? You need details? Well, we’ve got them for you right here:
- Who: All Pack 24 scouts and their parents / akeylas. The cost is $12 per scout and $25 per adult. No siblings are eligible right now as we are restricted in our numbers, but this may change based on registration.
- What: Some of our activities will include: hiking up and down the sandy dunes, swimming in Lake Michigan (see special note below), a special crafting project, campfire skits, and a wide range of other scout-related action. We’re also going to have a general pack meeting to hand out patches from all the summer activities and also give everyone an outline of activities for the rest of the year. If you’re not familiar with the fabulous Warren Dunes State Park, here is a link to their official website.
- Where: The Warren Dunes State Park is a little bit less than 100 miles away from Riverside, a directions from Google Maps can be found here. Note these directions are to the park offices, we are camping in a different area and will give the specific directions to our group campground at a later time.
- Why: The usual suspects: good clean fun, friendships, quality time with your scout(s). If that isn’t enough, all scouts that participate will get a sweet commemorative patch.
- When: Check-in will begin at 6pm (CST) on Friday, September 9. This will give families time to head out to Michigan after school so tents can be set up before its too dark. We will have an action-packed Saturday, and then wrap it up on Sunday morning after breakfast, so families can be back in Riverside by mid-day on Sunday, September 11.
- How: Register right here on the Pack 24 website. Email any questions to email@example.com.
A special note about swimming. The beach at the Dunes is very nice and there will be nothing better than some swimming if the weather is hot. However, the Warren Dunes do not have a lifeguard on duty, so to comply with the BSA Swim Defense guidelines we will require all parents that will permit their scouts to swim to complete a medical form in advance (which can be found here). If we don’t receive a completed medical form from you when you register, then your scout will not be eligible to participate in any swimming related activities.