Join us from Saturday, October 22nd at 1:00 pm until Sunday, October 23rd at 9:00 am for camping at Riverside’s own Scout Cabin (417 Fairbank Rd). This is the perfect campout for the whole family, especially those Scouts that are new to the Pack and want to see what camping is all about. Plus, if your Scout gets cold feet, you’re literally right in the neighborhood, so it’s an easy drive home — and you can still join us for breakfast in the morning.
This event is $10 per participant (Scouts, siblings, and parents).
Tons of fun activities are planned:
- Games, crafts, fort building, and more!
- Pizza from 4:30 to 5:30 pm.
- Campfire & s’mores (of course)
- Movie before turning in
- A quick Sunday breakfast
Be sure to pack:
- Tent & tarp
- Sleeping bags & pillows
- Extra blankets and clothing layers
- Lantern, head lamp or flashlight
- Bug Spray — a MUST
- Camp chairs for hanging out and eating meals
- Games or books for any downtime your kids may want to take
- Water bottle
- Any toiletries you may need
- Earplugs optional since some of our Scout parents have been known to snore
If you have an extra tarp, tent or sleeping bags you’re willing to lend out, please let your Den Leader know. Some of our families are brand new to camping and aren’t yet stocked up on camping essentials.
- We would love your help! Please consider volunteering to help or bring supplies: Donate Supplies! Volunteer to Help!
- Register here by Thurs, 10/20 at 5:00 pm! (don’t forget to submit BOTH the Google Form AND the payment form!)
- ALL PARTICIPANTS (including Scouts, siblings, & parents) must have an Annual Health & Medical Record on file with the Pack. If you have not submitted yours for 2022-2023, please consider completing the form and bringing it to the Pack Meeting on Tues, 10/18. We will have extra copies available at the Scout Cabin, but it will save us all some time if you have this paperwork completed before Saturday.
- Finally, please consider signing up your Scout for one of the final popcorn site sales! We have shortened the shifts during the camp out to one hour so they will not miss out on the fun!