Get ready to enjoy the awesome activities this camp has to offer: climbing, epic slides, horseback riding, marksmanship, waterfront fun and campfires! Pack 24 has reserved a total of 65 spots for Friday, April 29-Sunday, May 1. Camp Tecumseh is in Brookston, Indiana which is north of Lafayette and approximately a two-hour drive from the Riverside area. Camp Tecumseh is one hour ahead of Riverside, so please plan your travel accordingly. Registration is now open FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!!!
Some key points to keep in mind include:
- We are asking ALL adults to complete Youth Protection Training (YPT) prior to this trip. YPT can be completed in person during our April Pack Meeting (Tues, 4/12, 6:30-8:00 pm at RPC) or online at https://my.scouting.org/ (You will need to create a free account at that website and PRINT the certificate that they provide at the end of the training.)
- Our accommodations will be four bunkhouse-style cabins, which will each sleep 14 individuals. Each will have indoor plumbing, showers and heat. Each bunk bed has an electric outlet and a shelf for personal belongings. We will group everyone by family. We will have a Father’s Cabin, Mother’s Cabin & Family Cabin!
- Each family will have the option to stay either two nights (Friday & Saturday) or just for Saturday. Everyone has to check out by 12 pm ET on Sunday.
- For the two-night option, check-in on Friday is after 4:30 pm ET and includes four meals beginning with breakfast on Saturday. The cost is $105 per person. Note – there are no activities or food available on Friday night. You may want to pack a picnic and bring some games.
- For the one-night option, check-in is Saturday morning after 9 am ET and includes three meals beginning with lunch on Saturday. The cost is $76 per person.
- If you have not been to Tecumseh and are trying to decide between one night or two nights, we would recommend arriving on Friday night ONLY IF you are able to get to the camp before 9:00 pm EST (Tecumseh is one hour ahead of Chicago and the registration desk closes early). It is hard to find the camp in the dark, and even harder to find your cabin if you miss registration and are unfamiliar with the camp. If you are unable to reach Tecumseh by 8:00 pm CST/9:00 pm EST – we recommend you only sign-up for Saturday and arrive early Saturday morning. There will be no Pack 24 representative at the camp to help you find your way on Friday night if you arrive after 9:00 pm CST.
- There is an extra fee for horseback riding ($10 for a 40-minute trail ride), the rifle range ($1 for ten shots), or candle making ($2 per person). You can only register for these activities in person when you arrive at camp. There is not a set of scheduled activities for our group, so people can choose to spend their time at the waterfront, climbing, sliding, or doing whatever is the most fun.
Here is the general schedule for the weekend (keep in mind they are one hour ahead of Riverside time):
- Friday (if you are planning on two nights)
- 4:30-9:00 pm Check-In (Non-staffed program areas are available during check-in hours; no food is available.)
- 7:00 am Rise & Shine!
- 8:00 am Breakfast (For campers who stayed Friday night)
- 9:00-11:45 am *Program Areas & Trading Post Open
- 12:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00-5:00 pm *Program Areas & Trading Post Open
- 5:30 pm Dinner
- 7:30 pm Campfire – Join us for songs, skits, & stories led by camp staff.
- 7:00 am Rise & Shine!
- 8:00 am Breakfast
- 9:00 am-12:00 pm *Program Areas & Trading Post Open
If you’re ready for this adventure, then register below. Registration will close on or before April 18th when all spots are filled.