Join us as we march in the Riverside Independence Day Parade on Monday, July 4th and serve the best lemonade in town afterwards. Here’s what you need to know:
- Scouts must be in full class A uniform, blue dress shirt, neckerchief, slide, cub scout hat is optional. Brag vest if you’d like. Parents & siblings are welcome to march with us, please wear your red, white & blue.
- We are marching right behind the fire engines, so will be serving as the color guard for the rest of the parade. Line up begins at 8:15am close to the corner of Delaplane & Longcommon, just north of the big ball park. Our exact location will be emailed out as soon as we receive the info.
- Parade begins at 8:45am, so don’t be late!
- Scouts are welcome to bring their own bag of candy to share with people along the parade route. The Village has asked us to tell everyone that throwing candy is not permitted, but handing out candy is fine.
- At the end of the parade, you can meet your scout at the Pack 24 lemonade stand in Guthrie Park.
- Please sign up just so we have a rough idea of how many to expect: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/9040E4CADAA2DA20-parade
- Lemonade Stand
The fresh-squeezed lemonade is always popular after a march through town! This is a great fundraiser for Pack 24 and many people look forward to our delicious lemonade and friendly service! Please sign up to have your Scout sell lemonade: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040e4cadaa2da20-lemonade
The Lemonade Stand gets very busy so please plan to stay to stay & help. We also have volunteer spots for anybody who can help set up or clean up.
Happy Independence Day!