Our “Astro Overnight” at the Adler Planetarium on Friday, Mach 10th is approaching! The Pack has participated in this overnight in previous years and it has been a big hit! Here is everything you need to know:
- What’s involved? Don’t miss your chance to spend a night at the museum! At an Adler Astro-Overnight, you can dream of landing on the Moon, exploring the surface of Mars, and shooting past asteroids. Educators will lead you through your Solar System adventure with hands-on activities, a special Grainger Sky Theater show and award-winning exhibits. This program is designed for ages 6-10. Light snacks, continental breakfast and two sky shows are included. Make sure to eat dinner before you arrive!
- What is our Schedule? The Astro-Overnight program starts at 6pm. You can start checking in at 5PM. Between 6pm and 10pm, participants will enjoy a combination of fun astronomy activities, night sky telescope viewing (weather permitting), a customized sky show, evening snack time, and exhibit free time. Check-out is at 8am the next morning. .
- What’s the cost? The cost is $45 per person, scout or akela. Yes, all scouts must be accompanied by at least one adult for this overnight event. Parking is approximately $22 per vehicle at a nearby lot. We prefer that you use PayPal.
- When is the registration deadline? Registration deadline is February 15th for Scouts. At that point, if the event isn’t full we will open the registration up to siblings (minimum age of 6).
- What if my Scout is a Webelos II, and will cross-over to the BSA in February? Your scout is certainly welcome to participate in this final event with the rest of the cub scouts.
- Are siblings permitted to attend? We are requesting that only Akelas and Scouts sign up. If the event does not fill up, we will open it up to sibling registrations.
- If you have any other questions, check out their website or email us at email@example.com.