Pack 24 Parents –
Thank you to everyone who made it out to the Pinewood Derby. We are putting together a post with some pictures and the racing times so be on the lookout! We handed out Pancake Breakfast tickets so please reach out to your den leaders if you need to arrange a time to pick them up. We also handed out the new Class B t-shirts! They will be available again at our March Pack meeting.
The Blue & Gold Banquet is on Sunday, February 26th at 4PM. Since we have so many new scouts – here is a summary of why the Blue & Gold is a big deal:
- We hold it in February to commemorate the founding of Boy Scouts on February 8, 1910
- It is a lot of fun! Animals for Awareness will be coming with rescued exotic animals! This show will start promptly at 4:15
- We have a ceremony for all Webelos II scouts that have earned the Arrow of Light – which is the highest award in cub scouts
- The Webelos II scouts then cross over to join the ranks of the Troop 24 Boy Scouts
- A delicious buffet dinner will begin after all of the ceremonies
- A slide show of our major events during the year
- A souvenir program for each scout
- Finally, all scouts that participate in the event will be given a patch to commemorate the event.
This year’s Blue & Gold will be held at the Riverside Golf Club which is conveniently located at 2520 Des Plaines, in North Riverside. The whole family is invited to attend. The registration will closed on 2/18/17.
Looking forward to celebrating with you all!