With back-to-school for all D96 kids just around the corner, we thought it would be a good time to give all of our cub scout families an overview of some of the events our leadership has planned for the upcoming year:
- Sunday, August 30 from 1-5pm. Summer picnic at the National Grove South #2, the entrance to which is located near of the intersection of Des Plaines and 29th Avenue.
- Need additional information on all the fantastic activities we have planned? Click here for a previous post with all the details.
- While we do not charge a fee to attend, we request that all families click here to sign up in advance so we have a sense of headcount for food & supplies.
- Tuesday, September 8 @ 7pm. First monthly pack meeting, featuring an entertaining & educational bubble show. We’ll also hand-out awards from summer activities and kick-off our fall popcorn campaign.
- Friday, September 11 to Sunday, September 13. Fall campout to Warren Dunes in Sawyer, Michigan. The cost is $15 for scouts and $30 for adults which includes meals, and all activity fees, but if you want to know more check out this previous post.
- Saturday, October 17 – Sunday, October 18. Scout Cabin Campout in Riverside. A great starter event for families that are just getting used to camping. We’ll have a lot of other great activities planned as well.
- Friday, November 20 to Saturday November 21. Snoozeum at the Museum of Science & Industry in Chicago. Registration will begin in early September, spaces will be limited.
- January 23 Polar Prowl
- January 30 Pinewood Derby
- February 6 Overnight at LegoLand in Schaumburg.
- February 28 Blue & Gold Banquet at the Riverside Golf Club.
- April 29-May 1 Camp Tecumseh in Brookston, Indiana.
Check out the Google Calendar on this website and link your own electronic calendar to it to stay up to date on pack events.
Pack meetings are the second Tuesday of each month at 7pm at the RPC from September to December, and March to May. We change up our schedule of pack meetings in January and February for the Pinewood Derby and Blue & Gold Banquet.