We resume meeting as a pack on the second Tuesday or each month in March. So be sure to come to an exciting pack meeting on Tuesday, March 10 so your scout can help his den with our “skit in a bag” activity. The den meeting will be in the RPC social hall.
During the meeting we are going to preview our spring camping trip to Camp Tecumseh near Brookston, Indiana on April 24-26. Here is a description of the awesome activities that are available. Registration will begin soon.
- Waterfront: Fun awaits everyone at the Richard G. Marsh Lake. Our waterfront is usually open to weekend guests for canoeing and paddleboating during the months of April-Oct. Guests are also allowed to bring their own fishing equipment. Our lake is fully stocked with many hungry fish, especially bluegill and bass (catch and release). Groups also enjoy trekking across our suspension bridge that transverses the lake.
- Mt.Wood Climbing Wall: Reach for the highest heights on the Climbing Wall at the River Village. Our well-trained, fun-loving, and passionate staff members are ready to help you reach your goal. Remember, close-toed shoes are a must.
- The Lookout Climbing Wall: The climbing wall at the Lake Village also doubles as a lookout tower. A spiral staircase is hidden within this structure that allows for guests to go to the top and look out over our gorgeous lake.
- Kampen Lodge Indoor Climbing Wall: When weather is poor and we are unable to do outdoor climbing, we open indoor climbing walls.
- Archery: Bull’s Eye! Learn and practice your shooting skills on the Archery Ranges at either village. Take advantage of a great opportunity to learn or further enhance a skill that has lasted through the centuries.
- .22 Rifle Range: The rifle range is a very popular activity on weekends at Camp Tecumseh. Our guns are locked down into boxes with carabineers so that guests can only aim at their target. All shooting is done in the prone position. Our trained staff will provide you with a safety demonstration and assist you as needed. Tickets are $1.00 and can be purchased at the trading post. Have a blast!
- Black Hole Sledding Tube: The Black Hole is an enclosed sledding tube that can be used by groups all year long. Guests zoom down the Black Hole on colored toboggan sleds. Snow is not required! Both children and adults enjoy this activity.
- Bullet Slide: The Bullet Slide is very similar to the Black Hole. Except on this slide you sit inside a potato sack rather than sitting on a sled.
- Three-House Tree House: The three-house tree house is another popular destination for weekend guests. The name pretty much says it all!
- Challenge and Obstacle Courses: These two courses are non-staffed activities and are available for guests to use at any time over the weekend. See if you can make it through the entire course without having to touch the ground!
- Nature Center: Our interactive nature center has live Fish, Turtles, and Snakes. It is filled with fun, educational displays. The fireplace and bird viewing area makes it an enjoyable place to relax. On most weekends our staff offer a free craft in this area.
- Trail Rides: Trail rides are offered every weekend. The rides typically last about 25-35 minutes. Most of the trail ride is setback in our pine forest. Riders must be 7 or older to ride by themselves; otherwise an adult must walk with next to them. Trail rides are $9.00 per rider.
- Candle Creations: Camp guests can make their own candles! We have several different colors of wax which will help you to make a very colorful creation. Our staff will guide you through the candle making process and after you finish, they will cut and carve your candle for you. These make great gifts for Mom or Dad! You must sign up in the trading post to get a ticket and reserve a time. The cost for this activity is $2 per candle.
- Ga-Ga Carpetball: Get away from the larger groups and take advantage of Camp Tecumseh’s other areas on your own. Some of the areas are; Hiking Trails, Lookout Tower, Disc Golf, Carpetball, Ga- Ga, Basketball, Volleyball, Tetherball, Fishing, Tennis, Suspension Bridge and the Mini Farm. Bring your own equipment for Fishing & Tennis.
- Evening Campfire Program: Join in the fun as our Camp Tecumseh staff members lead your group in songs, skits, and more around the campfire. This program typically takes place around 7:30 pm on Saturday evening.