If you haven’t slept on the floor for a long time, get ready because its time to register for the Pack 24 Overnight at the First Division Museum at the Cantigny Park (just west of Wheaton – about 20 miles away). There is limited space for this event, so it is first-paid, first served, so don’t delay and register ASAP.
The pack went on this overnight a few years ago and the scouts LOVED IT. The First Division museum has an outdoor tank display that the scouts are free to climb on. The museum itself is dedicated to the service of the men & women that served in the US Army’s First Division and there are excellent displays for the scout to explore, and later sleep in. The staff were very friendly and helpful and we were able to do some hands-on crafts like making a model tank and creating a camouflage hat. There was also time to dress up in replicas of historical army uniforms. They provided us hot meals for both dinner and breakfast.
By the way, this is an indoor overnight.
Here’s the tentative schedule of AWESOME activities:
- 5:30pm – Plan to arrive on time so you can set-up your overnight gear before the tour
- 6:00pm – Guided Tours of Main Exhibit Hall will begin at 5:40 and the last tour will start at 6:00pm
- 6:30pm – Dinner: Pasta (no meat), breaded chicken fingers, garlic bread, salad, cookies
- 7:00pm – Flashlight tour of Tank Park weather permitting.
- 8:00pm – Activity- Tank Building
- 8:00pm – Activity- Build your own Camouflage Hat
- 9:00pm – Snack provided by Cantigny staff
- 9:30pm – Movie in temporary exhibit hall for those not ready to sleep quite yet
- 11:15pm – Lights Out
- 7:00am – Revelry
- 7:00am – Breakfast: Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Hash Browns, Juice, Milk & Coffee
- 8:30am – Out of the building – (Note: you can stay and explore the grounds!)
This is a Pack 24 only event if we have at least 40 register, which the leaders don’t expect will be an issue. Due to space constraints only 60 can participate, so at the current time we are not able to accommodate siblings or crossing over Webelos II. We will open it to siblings and Webelos II in a few days if there is still space.
The cost is $50 for adults and $30 for scouts, this includes all the meals, activities, and a patch. Click here to register.