This message is for all Pack 24 families that have purchased tickets for this event directly from the Fire for their 4th Annual Chicago Fire Scout Night coming up on October 19th. The game is at capacity which will make for an electric environment for you and your Scouts. Please see information regarding the various elements of our Scout Night below, and feel free to reach out to Brad Bauer directly (708-496-6761) directly with any questions. We hope you enjoy the game!
Chicago Fire Scout Night Timeline:
- 4:30 PM – Parking lots to the stadium open. Please feel free to set up your own tailgate once you have been directed to your parking spot. Most fans in attendance will bring a grill or a cooler with premade sandwiches.
- 5:30 PM – Scouts Soccer Skills Clinic begins on the Turf Field located immediately to the North of the main stadium. Please see attached map for reference. Scouts will be led through a fun, hour-long skills clinic by Chicago Fire camps and training staff. Scouts do not need prior soccer experience to participate, and are encouraged to wear athletic clothes and shoes.The clinic is for Boy Scouts only, all family members and Unit leadership will be able to watch from the sidelines or continue to tailgate.
- 6:30 PM – Scouts Soccer Skills Clinic ends, the gates to the stadium will open and fans can begin to make their way inside for the game. The first 5,000 fans will receive a pink UIH rally towel!
- 7:30 PM – Kickoff for Chicago Fire vs. Toronto FC. Following the conclusion of the game, Scout groups NOT participating in the Sleepover are free to leave the stadium.
- 10:30 PM –The Scout Sleepover will be held down the street at the Bridgeview Sports Dome located at 8900 S 77th Avenue # 1 Bridgeview, IL 60455. I will be at the Dome the entire night for assistance, but all Scout Groups participating are required to have at least one adult present for supervision. The Bridgeview Dome is an indoor sports dome with 90,000 sq. ft. of artificial turf. Scout Groups are encouraged to bring tents, sleeping pads and bags. The sleepover will be in an indoor area, but the temperature could still get fairly low so participants are encouraged to dress warmly. Quaker granola bars and snacks will be provided. NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR BEVERAGE IS TO BE BROUGHT IN.
Sunday, October 20th 8:00 AM – Sleepover ends and all Scout groups must be picked up and depart from the Bridgeview Sports Dome by 8 AM.
Note that Pack 24 Leader Sue Pipal and her family will be at this event, but she hasn’t received a list from the Fire of participants. If you’re attending, and interested in meeting up with other Pack 24 families, please contact Sue to make arrangements.