These are not official pack 24 sponsored events, but our member families may wish to check out some of these activities if they are interesting to your scouts:
- Troop 90 is having their pancake breakfast on Saturday, November 22 at Brook Park grade school in Lagrange Park, IL. Tickets cost $5 each and two children can attend on one ticket.
- THE ORIGINAL HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS – Scout Night is Sunday, December 28th, 2014, Tickets are in the 113 section of the Allstate Arena. At only $20.00 per ticket (including patch) this makes a great Holiday stocking stuffer! Open to everyone! The deadline to order is December 17, click here to download the flyer with all the details: Harlem-Globetrotters-2014
- Blue Man Group – Discounts are available for scout groups of 15 or more. If there is some interest from Pack 24 families, reply back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see if we can get a group together. 2014-blue-man-group
- Not really an event, but the LaGrange scout shop has a flyer of scouting related Christmas / Holiday gift ideas. 2014 BSA Christmas
Also, you may have heard leaders talk about Pack 24 being part of the “Des Plaines Valley Council (or DPVC for short).” The DPVC is in the process of being merged into a new group of four councils in the general Chicago area. The name of this new entity is going to be called “Pathway to Adventure Council” and more information on this entity is available on the following website: http://www.betterstrongerscouting.org/
Your den leaders will be distributing popcorn starting on Saturday morning (November 15), so be sure to pick up your scout’s order and distribute to your customers.
Finally, be sure to mark your calendars for the following upcoming pack events:
- Pack Meeting, Tuesday, December 9. Pinewood cars will be distributed and we’ll have pie-in-the-face for top popcorn sellers
- Pinewood Derby, Saturday, January 24. More details will follow but we have check in during the morning and the race begins at 1pm in the upstairs RPC Gym.
- Blue & Gold Banquet, Sunday, February 22. The Arrow of Light Ceremony and Cross-Over for our Webelos II. We’ll also have a special entertainer. The venue is the Riverside Golf Club.