Pack Parents – As discussed at the pack meeting we are planning some camping. See below for details:
May 15-17 – Camp-or-ee
- Who – Any pack 24 scout & parent / guardian. Pack 24 will be joining other area packs for a large scale event. We’re not sure how many other packs are attending, but there could be hundreds of other scouts.
- What – A “cub or ee” is like a large scale camp out where meals and activities are organized. This event is being coordinated by the Three Fires Council which serves DuPage County, but we have confirmed out-of-area packs (like ours) are welcome to attend. This is a “bring-your-own tent” style camp out.
- Where: “Camp Big Timber” which is 37W955 Big Timber Road, in Elign, IL. This is about an hour from Riverside.
- Why: It will be fun. BB Guns, Archery, Climbing Walls, Camp Fires, and many other activities.
- When: Friday May 15 to Sunday May 17. The event begins at 6pm on the Friday and ends Sunday morning. There may be some ability for families to arrive late or, leave early as necessary.
- How: Click here to register ASAP. We are trying to get them to keep the early bird option for us for a few more days, but it officially ended on April 14 (the date of this post). The cost is $30 per scout and $15 per adult, and includes meals. You must accompany your scout on this event. It does not appear to be open to non-scout siblings at this time.
Remember the presentation of summer camping options at the Pinewood Derby? If you are interested, or may be interested in camping, please indicate it by signing up on this link:
We have heard from several families that they would be more interested in attending if they knew some other pack 24 folks were going to go. So no obligation to sign up here, but it may be fun for several of you to go. By signing up here, you are just showing your interest, you still have to officially register with the Pathway to Adventure Council (http://www.pathwaytoadventure.org) to attend camp. There is also a lot of information available about cub scout camping options on this website.
The early bird registration discount ends on May 1.