Please join us for the Scout Cabin Camp Out on Saturday, October 15. This is a great first camping experience for new scouting families and open to all scouts, parents & siblings. Here’s everything you need to know!
- BYOT: This is a bring your own tent event. We sleep outside the scout cabin in the open areas surrounding it. If you don’t have a tent, you are welcome to come for all the activities and then go home to sleep in your own bed. We would really like everyone to be part of the fun.
- Location: The cabin is close to Indian Gardens, along Fairbank road in the SW corner of Riverside.
- Schedule: Families can begin setting up tents beginning at 1pm on Saturday. The Camp Out will “officially” start at 3PM. We will wrap it up on Sunday morning, around 10am.
- Activities: We have a lot of great things planned including:
- Scouting activities including an outdoor shelter project and a hands on knot tying demonstration
- Games including epic tug-of-war
- The zip line will be back (parent supervision required – to be sure!)
- A scavenger hunt to find prizes in the area around the cabin
- Dinner will be served at 5pm, hot pizza and all the sides.
- A camp fire with songs, skits and a flag retirement ceremony where we will be joined by the boy scouts of troop 24. Of course scouts will be able to make their own s’mores when the fire burns down.
- We’ll have a late night movie inside the scout cabin so everyone can wind down and get ready to settle in to bed.
- Finally, Rise and shine on Sunday morning for breakfast & clean up.
So we can maximize participation, the cost is only $5 per participant. We are asking for parents to help the leadership with some of the larger scale events such as food serving and clean up, so please be on the lookout for the signup genius coming out later this week!