Camp Tecumseh Registration has begun
Get ready to enjoy the awesome activities this camp has to offer: climbing, epic slides, horseback riding, marksmanship, waterfront fun and campfires! Pack 24 has reserved a total of 60 spots for Friday, April 28, Saturday April 29 and Sunday, April 30. Camp Tecumseh is in Brookston, Indiana which is north of Lafayette, and according to Google Maps, approximately a two hour drive from the Riverside area.
Some key points to keep in mind include:
- Our accommodations will be four bunkhouse style cabins, which will each sleep 14-15 individuals. Each will have indoor plumbing, showers and heat. Each bunk bed has an electric outlet and a shelf for personal belongings. We will group everyone by family. This year, we will try to devote a cabin to mothers and sons/daughters traveling together. This is a great outing for our mothers!
- Each family will have the option to stay either two nights (Friday & Saturday) or just for Saturday. Everyone has to check out by 1pm ET on Sunday.
- For the two night option, check-in on Friday is after 4:30pm ET and includes four meals beginning with breakfast on Saturday. The cost is $70 for adults and $60 for kids (scouts & school-aged siblings). Note – there are no activities or food available on Friday night. You may want to pack a picnic, and bring some games.
- For the one night option, check in is Saturday morning after 9am ET and includes three meals beginning with lunch on Saturday. The cost is $55 for adults and $45 for kids (scouts & school-aged siblings).
- If you have not been to Tecumseh and are trying to decide between one night or two nights, we would recommend arriving on Friday night ONLY IF you are able to get to the camp before 9:00 pm EST (Tecumseh is one hour ahead of Chicago and the registration desk closes early). It is hard to find the camp in the dark, and even harder to find your cabin if you miss registration and are unfamiliar with the camp. If you are unable to reach Tecumseh by 8:00 pm CST/9:00 pm EST – we recommend you only sign-up for Saturday and arrive early Saturday morning. There will be no Pack 24 representative at the camp to help you find your way on Friday night if you arrive at 9:00 pm CST.
- There is an extra fee for horseback riding ($9 for a 40 minute trail ride), the rifle range ($1 for ten shots), or candle making ($2 per person). You can only register for these activities in-person, when arrive at the Camp. There is not a set of scheduled activities for our group, so people can choose to spend their time at the waterfront, climbing, sliding or doing whatever is the most fun. We also understand parents will have to sign a waiver for the horseback riding, but we haven’t received a copy of it for you to review.
Here is the general schedule for the weekend (keep in mind they are one hour ahead of Chicago time):
- Friday (if you are planning on two nights)
- 4:30-9:00 pm Check-In (Non-staffed program areas are available during check-in hours, no food is available.)
- 7:00 am Rise & Shine!
- 8:00 am Breakfast (For campers who stayed Friday night)
- 9:00-11:45 am *Program Areas & Trading Post Open
- 12:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00-5:00 pm *Program Areas & Trading Post Open
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 7:30 pm Campfire – Join us for songs, skits, & stories led by camp staff.
- 7:00 am Rise & Shine!
- 8:00 am Breakfast
- 8:45 am Chapel (Location announced @ breakfast)
- 9:00-12:00 *Program Areas & Trading Post Open
It goes without saying that all the scouts that participate in this event will receive a commemorative patch. In order to comply with all BSA requirements, please also review the attached Activity Consent Form. As part of the registration process, each family will have to acknowledge these terms.
- Link to BSA Consent Form: Activity Consent Form
If you’re ready to for this adventure, then register below. Due to limited space, registration is first-come, first served. However, we need to give the Camp organizers a final count, so registration will close on April 10th. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.